搜尋此網誌

2012年9月24日 星期一

My Children Want a Puppy - The Thought Process in Purchasing a Pet For Our Family


Show me a person who does not like animals and I will show you a person who is troubled. Personally, I like dogs because I grew up with them as a child.

Today I am married and have a beautiful six year old daughter and three year old son and they are full of energy and enthusiasm. In other words, my children are into everything and want a puppy.

My wife and I want to buy a puppy for our children because it will help them learn how to care for and enjoy the company of a pet. Having a puppy is a great socialization tool for young children because pets add so much joy.

One of the reasons my children want a puppy is because they were watching the National Kennel Cub Dog Show on television. The show gave my children a broad overview of the different kind of dogs, to include breed, size and energy level of each dog.

I suggested we purchase a puppy that can live inside our house which means we will potty train it, feed it and care for it. By having a puppy inside the house I children will have a good opportunity to interact and care for it.

My vision for a new puppy differs significantly from my wife. Why? My wife does not want a puppy inside our house because she does not want the puppies hair to shed and or the puppy climb into bed our bed to sleep.

I tend to rely on the decision of my children and what they really want and they make good decisions. My children want a puppy to live in the house with us, looks like a three to one vote on purchasing a puppy to live inside our house.

It is going to be interesting to see exactly how things will unfold leading up to the puppy purchase. Perhaps my children will get exactly what they want, a puppy to live inside our house. Mom could very well nix the inside the house puppy because she does not like having a pet in the house.

The bottom line is this, we are going to purchase a puppy because it will be a great addition to our family and help our children understand the level of responsibility it takes to care for a pet. We must also consider if the puppy wants to be part of our family, just because we want one does not mean the puppy will automatically want us to care for it.

Here is to purchasing a puppy for our children. I know our children will love and care for a puppy and learn valuable lessons in the process.




Paul Lawrence Vann is an inspirational speaker who assist organizations and individuals to maximize their human potential and improve their bottom line. He is the author of Living on Higher Ground and is host of The Wealthy Speaker Show. Paul is a leadership expert and diversity train-the-trainer who works with Fortune 500, associations, goverment agencies, military institutions an educational institutions. http://www.paullawrencevann.com, http://www.blogtalkradio.com/paullawrencevann, (240) 416-5077.




沒有留言:

張貼留言